Welcome to our new Vino Ventures blog post, where we invite you to embark on a culinary journey inspired by the enchanting flavors of the Mediterranean. Today, we're excited to share a delightful recipe that encapsulates the essence of Italy's sunny coastal regions and pairs it with a wine that embodies the spirit of Sardinia's vineyards.
Picture this: tender chicken scaloppine bathed in a luscious lemon-creamy sauce made with Italian Sterilgarda cooking cream, each bite bursting with zesty freshness. It's a taste of Italy on your plate, and it's easier to make than you might think. To elevate this dish to perfection, we've paired it with a bottle of Sardinian Vermentino from the one and only Cantina Murales – a white wine that brings the rugged beauty of the island's terroir right to your glass.
In this blog post, we'll guide you through the steps to create a mouthwatering Chicken Lemon Scaloppine that's sure to impress your palate and those of your loved ones in only 30 minutes. Alongside, we'll explore the characteristics of Sardinian Vermentino, a wine known for its crispness, minerality, and hints of citrus, making it the ideal companion to this flavorful dish.
So, get ready to don your apron, uncork a bottle of Vermentino, and prepare to savor the taste of the Mediterranean in the comfort of your own home. Let's dive into the culinary magic of Chicken Lemon Scaloppine paired with Sardinian Vermentino – a combination that promises a symphony of flavors and a dining experience you won't soon forget.
INGREDIENTS for 4 people:
- 8 slices of chicken breast
- 50mL of lemon juice
- 100g Sterilgarda cooking cream (available on our website)
- Salt & pepper
- Flour for coating
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- Sprinkle the chicken slices with salt on both sides and coat them in flour, covering them completely.
- Take a skillet and add the butter to melt, then add the garlic until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove the garlic clove and place the floured chicken slices in the skillet, allowing them to brown on both sides.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper (if desired), and let it cook.
- Midway through cooking, add Sterilgarda Cooking Cream, cover the skillet with a lid, and let it cook on low heat for a few minutes, turning the chicken from time to time.
- Serve the chicken scaloppine piping hot, covered in the lemon cream and, of course, accompanied by a glass of Murales Vermentino.
Want to know more about Sterilgarda Cooking Cream & Murales Vermentino di Sardegna?